3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 7577 times)  

Left wing lock question . I understand the principals of this FC initially . What happens if the oppositions goes d to d and tries to break out on the right side ? Does the RD pinch down ( now becoming the FC ) with LD filling his spot and the LW filling LD spot ? So now you need either C or RW to get to the blueline to fill LW spot . Or do you simply let them break out against the 3 man wall with the 2 FC forwards backchecking ( back pressure ) . Hope you understand my question .
Happy holidays !!!

-------------------------
I play it like you said first. The LD slides over and fills for the RD who checks their LW. The C and RW checked one D each and whoever is on the puck side pursues the puck and the farthest away comes back thru the middle. The LW covers the middle point.

So the C and RW pressure the D, your LW their RW, Your RD their LW and your LD is a defensive defenseman (libero) always on the strong side.

Their are other ways to play it but I found this to work well.

Im a little lost in your explanation but I do understand the LW Lock. The way to beat it is to go back D to D and go up the weak side.
The key to execution the LW Lock is F1. Has to take an inside out angle and prevent that D to D pass.

With an overload on one side you want to go weak side. It’s a numbers game. That’s the risk you take. But when doing the LW Lock F1 has to be disciplined and force play up the wall.
Hope that helps

Here is a video of a modification of the lwl that we used with college women. We are playing vs the University of Calgary here. I think Dean was an asst. coach this season and took over the next 2 years. We are blue. #10 is the left D and #5 is the lw.
http://hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20080727110408764

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1