5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6701 times)  

2011 INTERNATIONAL COACHES CONFERENCE
COMING TO HALIFAX, N.S.

March 4, 2011
NR.024

CALGARY, Alta. – Hockey Canada, in partnership with Hockey Nova Scotia and the Atlantic Regional Centre, has announced details for the 2011 International Coaches Conference, scheduled for July 14-17 at the Westin Nova Scotian and Dalhousie University
in Halifax, N.S.

More than 300 coaches will travel to Halifax to participate in presentations, workshops and hot stove sessions that will focus on topic areas like strategies, tactics, practice plans, and strength and conditioning addressing the needs of coaches at all levels of the game.

Presenters will be announced in the coming weeks. At previous ICC events, names like Pat Quinn, Tommy Boustead, Mark Johnson and Melody Davidson have headlined the list of keynote presenters.

The registration fee to attend the 2011 International Coaches Conference is $475. Please note there are a limited number of registration spots available.

“The goal of the International Coaches Conference is to create an exciting and interactive learning environment for coaches at every level of the game. Coaches who continue to increase their knowledge ultimately create a better development experiences for their players and a more effective and productive team environment,” says Paul Carson, Hockey Canada’s vice-president of hockey development. “The ICC provides a terrific forum to help coaches at all levels of experience to enhance their coaching skill set.”

“The interaction from coaches from all countries – including your own – is just phenomenal. It’s outstanding,” says Portland Winterhawks head coach/general manager Mike Johnston, who has presented at the last four ICCs. “There’s always something to learn. For me personally, it’s helped me immensely as a coach.”

The 2011 International Coaches Conference will be the 12th edition of the event, with Halifax joining past host cities Calgary, Alta. (1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2004), Montreal, Que. (2002), Quebec City, Que. (2008), Saint John, N.B. (1998), Toronto, Ont. (1996, 2006) and Vancouver, B.C. (2000).

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/162987/la_id/1/

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)
Ch.P.C. (Chartered Professional Coach)
Game Intelligence Training

"Great education depends on great teaching."

more spam to write over

Check out this site I stumbled onto...

http://thecoachessite.com/conferences/
-----

The 2011 Hockey Coaches Conference:

July 29 / 30 2011 at the Delta Burnaby Hotel (Vancouver BC)

Terms and Conditions
The individual price per delegate is $299 + 12% HST, grand total is $334.88 CAD

There are NO refunds after May 1st, 2011 except for medical reasons. In such cases, a Doctor’s certificate is required – and the cancellation fee will be kept ‘on account’ for use at the following year’s conference. There are NO refunds or pro-rated discounts for ‘no shows’ or missed portions of the conference – including seminars, meals and nights of accommodations – without prior consent of The Coaches Site.

A lunch will be provided both days of the conference.

Delegates who register by April 30, 2011 will receive a copy of "Hockey Plays and Strategies" written by Ryan Walter and Mike Johnston.

Accommodation at the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Confernce Centre is available, contact The Coaches Site at info@thecoachessite.com for discounted rates.
-----

Interesting... I will watch this site to see what kind of content they post. Too bad it is so close in time to the Hockey Canada conference in Halifax - but it does provide another option that might appeal to coaches living on the West Coast.

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)

Thought this should be posted here so other coaches don't sign up for the Hockey Canada conference (or book flights, etc. before they hear it was cancelled. I went to their site and until you try to register, you can't figure out it was cancelled - and even then, only by deduction! They don't say it was cancelled!)

-----

Quote by: TomM

Just got this. I guess they don't consider people who have got lower air fares on non refundable plane fares and hotel rooms. I guess I am having a vacation in the Maritimes.
------------------------
Dear Registered Delegate,

Please be advised that the 2011 International Coaches Conference scheduled for July 14-17 in Halifax, Nova Scotia has been cancelled.

Hockey Canada wishes to inform all registered delegates that conference registration numbers lagged behind the projected requirements to insure the delivery of an event that meets with the Hockey Canada standard of quality.

All delegates who are currently registered for the event and have paid the ICC registration fee will receive a full refund. Within the next 72 hours, refunds will be automatically processed back onto the credit card the registration was purchased with. Refunds should appear on your next credit card statement. Should you have any questions related to your refund, please contact Derek Amalfa at damalfa@hockeycanada.ca or 403-777-4589. All Hockey Nova Scotia registrations entered under the Hockey Nova Scotia promotional code will be removed from the system. No refunds will be processed under this promotion.

Hockey Canada wishes to recognize the commitment of Hockey Nova Scotia Board of Directors and staff for their support of the ICC planning process.

Please accept Hockey Canada’s sincere thanks for your interest in and commitment to the 2011 International Coaches Conference.

For any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me directly at your convenience.

Yours in hockey,

=====================================

Michael Bara

Manager, Coaching/ Responsable, entraineurs

Hockey Canada
-----

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)

Steve Norris told me last night the IIHF posted the 2011 youth and pro Coaching Presentations (free) and video (pay) on the web.

Here are the pro presentations:

http://www.hockeycentre.org/inEnglish/Seminars/Seminars/2011IIHFInternationalCoachingSymposium/tabid/1209/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Here are the youth presentations:

http://www.hockeycentre.org/inEnglish/Seminars/Seminars/2011InternationalYouthCoachingSymposium/tabid/1208/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Here are the Women's Championship presentations:

http://www.hockeycentre.org/inEnglish/Seminars/Seminars/2011IIHFWomensCoachingSymposium/tabid/1203/language/en-US/Default.aspx

There are a bunch of the earlier IIHF clinics posted down the right hand side as well... lots to read - Enjoy!

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1