2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6489 times)  

Hi To

I have some documentation from you that Suggests F1 applies pressure , F2 pressures the D-D and F3 is high slot and covers strong has if pass is made

I have found this approach in other books and the website.

I have also seen a lot of info suggesting F2 goes to the strong side hash marks and F3 takes away the D-D.

Which do you think is better?

What I am proposing to teach my midget players is that F2 needs to read F1's pressure. If F1 can conatin so that the D-D option is not likely, then F2 goes to the hash. If the F1 can't get pressue and a D-D is made, then I want F2 to prssure the D and F3 to go to the new strong side hash.

What do you think?

By: Likes:

xcoach I think that sometimes there is a problem labelling F2 and F3. Some people have F3 in front of the net which doesn't make sense to me since they would have been going to the net on a rush or second in the zone on a dump in.

I think f2 needs to read F1 (we are talking a pressure forecheck) and if F1 can make contact then F2 come in and pick up the lose puck. If their D makes a quick D to D or drives the back of the net and then makes a reverse F 2 should pressure their D2 and if it is a D to D bank then F3 mirror the play across the ice and doesn't forecheck. If it is a reverse then F3 still has the strong side.

Forechecking like this takes away D1 from rushing up ice, pressures the D to D and the pass to the strong side boards. If you pinch on the wide rim then you take the far wing away and the SS D shoulc close down the pass up the middle.

Whatever system it all comes down to good habits like moving your feet, creating checking angles, sticks in the lanes, stick on the puck and body on body.

I use this 2-1-2 (with a hard trap 1-2-2) and the 2-2-1 (with a contain 2-3 or 1-3-1). I think the 2-2-1 creates more intense and even pressure all over the ice.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
2 posts :: Page 1 of 1