1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2690 times)  

Dennis Freed of Long Island was coaching his sons and got very frustrated with the hockey structure and the amount of information a volunteer coach could get. He started hockeycoach.com and had a bulletin board which I stumbled upon and joined discussions. Dennis asked me if I would monitor my own board and I agreed. This board had lively discussions from coaches from every hockey playing country.

Dennis' boy's stopped playing in their late teens and he sold the rights to the site and the bulletin board disappeared. I loved the board because its design allowed you to see the topics and who was commenting right away without opening and scanning down lots of pages. The format made it a lot easier for coaches to join in.

Tom Aney saved the discussions and archived them. I was looking at the archive today and there is great material, opinions and ideas there. He archived in two parts. Part one with everything and part two with all the discussions that have attachments. I think it sarts in 1999 and goes for 7 or 8 years. (link below)

Great stuff!!!

Old bulletin board.

http://www.dailyhattrick.com/hockeycoachforums/Index.aspx?forum=molloy

This is the old bulletin board that I moderated for 7 years. Great discussions and contributions from coaches around the the hockey world.
---------------------------------------------
Today I posted video of the Old Town in Salzburg. I walked early in the morning and filmed as the town woke up and got ready for the day. I was the first one in the Dom Cathedral and got a lot of footage of the chapels, altar and the paintings. In the afternoon I went for a long bike ride with my host Claudia and we ended it by riding up a mountain to a church that overlooks the valley. It was cloudy so the mountains don't jump out but I got some good video inside the church. It is in the section I have for trips etc.
http://www.hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20110508132634909

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
1 posts :: Page 1 of 1