4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 9388 times)  

Hey all, just stumbled across what looks like to be a great resource for coaching. I've just recently started assistant coaching a hockey club and we are bleeding goals against and was looking for some ideas, strategies, and drills to run through d-zone coverage.

Thanks, look forward to visiting this site frequently.

Welcome. There is a lot of material for coaching defense in both the files and video sections and many coaches out there in hockeyland can give u great ideas on this chat board.

I have tried a new man on box behind this year . D is man on in the corner , center ( or supporting forward ) stays in " the house " . If the puck is passed away from the d the SF goes
and yells " I'm out " the d now skates to the support location and yells " i'm in " . I have found that having two players in the corner causes a lot of problems when one of them get beat out of the corner .

It looks like there are lots of drills in the files section with topics on practices to teach individual defense and team defense. Also there are videos with drills in the video section.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1