7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 7612 times)  

Today I am starting a new section where I will post the topic and the video link to world famous coaches who will anonymously talk about hockey coaching topics. Coaches will be from Noth America, Europe and Asia.

I will not show their head but will have them wear a jersey or coaching jacket to identify where they are from. Because of the language barrier I will voice ove what they say in english.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

HEY TOM!!!

Excellent. I have been silent, but that doesn't mean I haven't been around.

Again - thank you! Awesome idea,

Iceman

This is the first of the series of Fireside.

Jaroslav talks about an ultra aggressive forecheck the Tsunami. It is a 2-1-2 with constant pressing and pinching. He is wearing the jersey of the last Czech Team he coached.

The video is divided into a 3.5 minute introduction and then a demonstration using 3 dimensional figure.

http://www.hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2011091410270183

'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Defensive Zone Coverage with Mikko a famous coach from Finland

Mikko describes D zone coverage first using the white board and then the 3 dimensional magnetic rink board.

There are two great defensive zone articles attached as well.
The first was posted on the site by a coach who was a regular contributor but I don't know who it was. The second is a power point by Perry Pearn who I used to coach against in college and now is a long time NHL asst. Currently with Montreal.

http://www.hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20110915091504119

'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

T4 - Penalty Killing Principles with Famous Austrian Coach

Kill a penalty with either pressure or contain philosophy. Famous Austrian coach Christian discusses killing one short using a whiteboard and then on a 3 dimensional rink.

http://www.hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20110917210616605

-----------------------------
This forum is for open discussion so comments on the ideas being discussed are welcome.

'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Tom and other coaches,

Does anyone know the where the world famous coaches Jaroslov, Mikko, and Christian have been hidding out ?

They did a great job with the fireside chat!

If you read over the Statistics in cridical area's thread , you can figure out why these coaches use the Tsunami Forecheck.

Coaches , check out the info. in preparation for the up coming season.

Tom , any idea's what these coaches are up too ?

I know they were very busy last week.

RookieCoach
---------------
Rookie Coach,
I think I saw Mikko in the hotel bar during the iihf worlds in Helsinki this May. You know those Finns. I will put out an email to see if one of them is around town.
What topic??

Tom, I'm not sure if Mikko would give away his secrets or has the time to have more fireside sessions.

Power Play ( breakout - setup ) basic , advanced
Face-off alignment in all zones- one's that most teams use
Team building activities for all ages

That Mikko knows his stuff , I just don't want him to over do it on the summer holiday's.

RookieCoach

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1