DT4 - Jokers at Point and Below Goal Line - Czech Youth
Regroup and get open. Defender go from role 3 to 4 and attacker from role 1 to 2.
Great game for transition between all 4 game playing roles.
1. Play from 1-1 to 3-3 with one joker at the point and one below the goal line.
2. When defender gets the puck he must regroup with joker at the point and a play to the low joker must be made before a shot can be taken.
3. Joker to joker passes are ok.
4. Point shots are ok after a pass to the low joker has been made.
By: Pops Ryan (offline) Saturday, August 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM GMT
Wow ! This is a terrific exercise. In and of itself, it is as good a transition drill as you will find. What makes it even better is that the options and variations can be added seamlessly. 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3, and odd numbers all work well. The 3 v 2 would be similar to a PP/PK scenario. Putting a coach at the red-line and having turned over pucks passed to him gives the team that just gained possession a little bit of a game-like regroup / breakout too. The only stipulation would be that they skate the puck over the blue line, then pass to the coach, then reverse for break out. .
Defender close the gap, stay on the defensive side, stick on the puck, stay with the attacker after the shot.
Attacker get the puck in the triple threat position at the side. Make moves, fakes, dekes, change of pace, use screen shots and follow the shot.
1. A give and go to B.
2. B attack vs A.
3. Finish the play by fighting for the rebound.
4. B now continue by passing to C on the other side.
5. C attack vs B.
Kevin Sullivan sent me the Swedish U16 skill manual. It has a lot of drills and the description is in Swedish but the drills use international symbols. I used the Word translator and it clears up things quite a bit. I will attack both pdf's the Swedish and the traslation I did. Lots of good things there.
Face the puck and give a target. On shooting drills always circle back and rebound for the next shooter.
1. F1 pass to D1 and skate across.
2. D1 pass back to F1 and follow the pass.
3. F1 circle back and pass to D1 in nzone.
4. D1 shoot at the opposite net.
5. F1 circle back and get a pass from D2.
6. F1 shoot at far end.
7. D1 circle back to rebound for F1's shot.
During the video I am talking with Paul Henry who scouts for pro teams all over the world. We were in a playoff series and had a bad game the night before. We won that series. Three of the players in this video are at NHL camps right now Sept. 2010.