5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6820 times)  

Oct. 6, 2011

Opening Day!

An exciting day for every hockey enthusiast. I thought this could be a place to share what your team does or how they play. Everyone lives in different areas and gets to see 'their' team on a regular basis. It would be fun if we share what each team does... team-by-team. It would be fun to see a national televised TV game of Calgary vs. Detroit on TV and be able to hop on the site and read what each of these teams system entails or tendencies they have and we could watch for them and add to them or comment on. Even follow specific things a particular player might do, etc.
------------------------------------------------------

Good idea Eric. I haven't seen the Flames live yet. I wait for the regular season. They play Pittsburg tomorrow and I plan to go. Watching the Penguins play last night they almost use the Tsunami 2-1-2. They don't always pinch when the puck rotates to the other side, which is too bad because it works like a charm and is a very logical and seamless way to create constant pressure. Lookslike more of a 2-1-2 press with 1 on the puck, 2 on the other D, 3 on the strong side wing, 4 in the mid point and 5 supporting puck side.
If they would only have 4 always pressure the wide wing and 5 slide across, 3 fill the point and 1 skate out hard through the middle they would have a 100% Tsunami and not a 90%. (just my opinion how the game should be played)

Eric, I went to the Flames opener last night. I will give them a mulligan because they had 8 days off for bonding and hootenanies in the mountains together instead of exhibition games. What I did see was the return of the diamond 1-2-1 pk penalty non forecheck.

F1 passively swings in while one D is back on at the side and a F on the other side. They back up no wider than the dots and give up the blue line with no challenge. Pittsburg had a little trouble with it in the first and adjusted after that to creating a 2-1 on the wide man and walked into the zone at will.

Done by professional players; so please don't try this at home.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

I just realized that Direct TV is running a promotion on NHL Center Ice Package for free so I'll watch some games tonight and chime in with what I see.

amazes me how many coaches see something an NHL team does and then try to do that with their team.

Chatty

Aberdeen, I agree.

Please see my response under my Game Intelligence forum. It is more appropriate over there.

Thanks,

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)
Ch.P.C. (Chartered Professional Coach)
Game Intelligence Training

"Great education depends on great teaching."

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1