5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6060 times)  

I have been using this section to post a daily drill because it is easier to do here. The ideas of this section is for the coaches to have a discussion board to share ideas, ask questions and tell about their coaching experiences.

Feel free to do this by clicking on NEW TOPIC and then posting. Lots of coaches are coming and checking the site out but there hasn't been a post for ages..

It isn't supposed to just be my board but a place for coaches to help each other.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Tom,

Thank you very much for this site. I have been visiting almost daily for two seasons, and have used many of your drills at practice. I particularly like the daily drill idea. It gives me fresh ideas. I plan some of the practices for a female bantam team on Vancouver Island. I like to challenge the girls, and give them a variety of drills. I also finds the posts and answers from other coaches interesting and valuable. Keep them coming.

Go Team Canada!

Hi
Here's one basic transition drill that i like to use.

transition 1vs2 - 3vs2 - 3vs3
1. drill starts 1vs2
2. when 2 gains possession of the puck -> one player enters for both teams. so it's now 3vs2
3. when 3 enters their oz - one more player for 2 so now it's 3vs3 until coach whistle

Kai

Kai

Here's one transition drill more.
1. O(d1) supports attack to slot and leaves the game if he does not recieve pass. (3vs1)
2. Second D for the defensive team enters the game when the puck crosses the red line (3vs2)
3. New F's for the defensive team enters the game when the puck crosses their defensive blue line (2vs4)
4. The O F's (1and2) can fore/backcheck under the blue line.

Key points
1. use your 3vs1 in the first attack
2. use your 4vs2 to break out fast
3 fore/backcheck

Kai

Kai

Gary, good luck with your team and Kai thanks for the practice ideas.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1