3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6212 times)  

Please give me your thoughts on how you have run lines with this number of skaters in the past.

So far we have tried 3 centers 2 sets of wings and 4 defensemen and a crazy rotation with one forward "floater" who plays on a different line every shift while a player from that line sits out 2 shifts.

This weekend I plan to try 5 defensmen and 2 forward lines. I'm interested to see how the forwards do with set lines versus having a rotation. 1 of our 2 lines is scoring a bunch right now and want to keeep them together.

This is a Michigan based 01 Squirt AA travel team playing in the Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League.

Thanks!

Tony, it sounds like you have tried most of the options. You could also have the one player who can play both F and D rotate through the F's and the D so the scoring line is broken up less oftern.

Having 5 D is a good option and when a D gets a penalty then you still have 2 sets of D and if a player is sick at least you have enough D or forwards.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Tom. I appreciate your thoughts. We tried the 5 D lineup and were not as successful. I'm not sure if that was due to playing with different defensive partners or the fact that we had an off night versus a stronger team.

We played a tournament over Thanksgiving where one of our top forwards was absent. I placed my floater player from our crazy rotation, another top player, in his position at center and realized he plays much more effectively playing one position. Our entire team seemed to play much better having 2 sets of forward and defensive lines.

I now have to figure out how to integrate the absent center. I'm leaning towards trying the 5 D setup since it gives more flexibility with penalties, absent players etc.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1