1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2211 times)  

We did a 3 day camp. Every day Gaston did one hour of skating with each group and I did 75 min. of hockey. Here is the plan for the Bantam Midget group. The kid's really liked the camp and I saw improvement especially in the little kid's. It was from 6-16.

Last Day for camp in Jasper. Bantam and Midget group.

Oldest group 12 players no goalie. Small nets

- Carry two pucks all aroung the body; then one on the stick and one in the skates.

- Partner pass with 2 pucks, side by side then one backward.

- B600 passing drill. Skate and pass then arc thru the middle on your side and get a pass then go in and shoot. Then 2 leave. Pass to the second player who tips it up to the first player. Go in and shoot. I posted this drill a while ago. We didn't have enough for the 3-0. I posted the diagram again.

- 2 games of 3-3 keepaway in one zone. One point if you make 5 consecutive passes. Rules - no rules. – only forehand – must use an escape move – must skate at least 3 hard strides in any direction before passing or shooting.

- D4 Game of 2 pass at each end. Both teams shoot on the same net but must make 2 passes before shooting. If the puck goes over the blue line the other team gets it. Same rule sequence. Change the rules about every 4 minutes. Additional Rule for the last game was that goals only count after a give and go pass. (I was trying to emphasize that you must move when you get the puck and also after you pass the puck)

- D400 Quick transition game of 3-3. Play 3-3 and the defenders pass to teammates waiting behind the blue line. They attack right away and original attackers defend while original defenders rest.

- D400 3-3 Perry Pearn. Move the line up back to the red line. Now the defenders must carry the puck over the blue line before passing to the waiting 3 players. If the puck is just dumped out it is a loose puck and either team can get it. Once the defender is over the blueline let him pass to waiting team.

- D1 full ice game of 6-6 with the rule there must be at least one pass in each zone. Scoring team return over the red line after a goal.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
1 posts :: Page 1 of 1