1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 1892 times)  

Has anyone had a coach on their team who literally coaches from the bleachers?

Coaches may want to view things from the stands as it offers a different viewing angle. However, to comment during games from this location does not seem effective. Lastly, I believe the team would be best served if all three coaches were on the bench.

What are your thoughts?
------------------------------

UWEC_94 I haven't had the problem from an official assistant coach but have had the situation from parents who coach from the bench. It was a team of ten year olds and parents were always yelling at the kid's to pass whether the play was there or not. I met with them and asked that they either let the child just play or if they were going to yell then say something like 'make a play.'

I have had the role of 'eye in the sky' with some university and pro men's teams and I kept my mouth shut and talked with the coaches between periods. Your situation sounds like a family where the parents don't talk and the mum tells the child on thing and the dad another. What you get is a confused child.

The coaching staff needs to talk about this and I think your solution with all on the bench is best. Otherwise he should observe and talk with the coaches between periods. Maybe have a stats sheet on shots, face offs, passes etc. to keep him busy.

The Head Coach has to do the 'Tough Thing' and solve this problem. Sometime being the head coach also means being the Heavy.
Tom

1 posts :: Page 1 of 1