5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5393 times)  

I guess this bulletin board has turned from a discussion forum into hockey coaching info forum.

At first I was very frustrated that there was little feedback and the few who did seemed to get offended or something and quit contributing. I kept looking back to how great the discussion board on hockeycoach.com was with coaches from all over the world having lively discussions on every hockey topic. That was before facebook and all the social media sites; so maybe they have the sharing ideas cornered.

When this site was hacked a year ago and all the discussions and videos were deleted I spent a few months just uploading the videos plus the new video that I took coaching with international coaches in Austria.

I have been putting a new drill, game or coaching idea on each day. I will continue to do some of that but many days I will try to mesh the postings with the videos. When I uploaded most videos didn't have diagrams or very good descriptions. I am going to go thru the videos and link them to postings or if there is no diagram I will do a posting on this forum.

The request for donations to help Dwight and I pay for the site expenses such as server space and the site registration have basically fallen on deaf ears. I think 4 people have donated a total of about $90 and another 4 have ordered books. So about 15% of the expenses have been paid for by donation. Those people were sent pdf updates of the drills and games with description and diagrams. I have to put a new one together right after I write this to send to a coach in Ontario who ordered 2 books.

I am leaving tomorrow May 2 for Europe. I will visit my friends in Salzburg, Austria for 3 days and then go to the youth coaching conference in Heidelberg, Germany. The Men's World Championships are there. I should get a lot of new ideas at the conference. IIHFconferences are always good because we get 4 tickets to the games as well as the sessions. Canada is there the preliminary rounds. On the 10th I will fly to Finland to meet with Juhani and other Finnish hockey people and return the 14th.

Not much has been made of it but they are having the largest outdoor game ever at the World's. USA is playing Germany in a soccer stadium and they are sold out with over 75 000 people goingto be there.

I don't know how much internet access I will have or if I do have access how much time I will have to post anything. I should be able to give some updates. I take my computer because I can call home on Skype and watch the NHL playoffs on hockey streams.

The goal of this site has always been to help coaches and it will continue to be that.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Thanks Tom,

I'm glad you are willing to continue this work. Enjoy your trip.

DM

Tom,

Enjoy the trip! I am sure you will pick up a few more ideas!

Travel safe and enjoy the beer!

Dean

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)
Ch.P.C. (Chartered Professional Coach)
Game Intelligence Training

"Great education depends on great teaching."

Hi Tom,

I'm happy that you'll continue to update this great site and great work for hockey. Enjoy your trip, especially to Finland, I hope it will be above zero degrees Celsius here at the time ;-).

Br,
PeeWee

Junior

Hey Tom,

I started following your site, I don't know, maybe 7 years ago. I used the videos provided, drills, theories of ALL your work and the information/experience of the other coaches who came on here. All that made me a better coach, it also has helped me climb the ladder as a coach in my area.

I started coaching to help my son's team, now I am the coach of our high school. I wanted to thank you and all the other coaches who have added to the discussion over the years. The site is still awesome, but I as well miss the banter with all the different coaches. I couldn't really add to much when I first started but now over the years, I feel I can add some coaching thoughts/experience to this site.

Last week I donanted to this site. I felt it was the least I could do (oh I do have your books as well), the donation will NOT keep you running for the next 100 years, but I thought I could at least give back to you and this site for all you have given me over the years.

Please coaches, help keep this one of the best resources for hockey coaches - donate a couple bucks. I know times maybe a little tough - but please show some support.

Thank you again,

Iceman

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1