I hadn't seen this walk through for a while. When I coached at the U of C with Tim Bothwell he called this the 'Webby pre-game review' and we did it every Thursday before our Friday, Saturday weekend series. He coached with Tom Webster in LA at the end of his minor league season and it was named after him.
T2-4 Breakout 5-2 to Defensive Zone Review – Pro
This is a walkthrough of the breakout and forecheck. The coaches take away one of the passing options and then check to see the players understand the initial positioning in the defensive zone. Always stick on the puck and sticks in the passing lanes.
1. Start in the neutral zone with 5 offensive and 2 defensive players.
2. Skate up then back into the zone on the whistle.
3. Coach shoot in the puck and forecheck.
4. Breakout 5-3 vs. the coach and two defensemen.
5. Attack with a middle drive and one D join as a trailer.
6. Play out the 5-2 attack until the whistle.
7. On whistle a coach takes the puck into the far end.
8. Players skate to their place in the defensive zone based on 1-2-3-4-5 and stop.
9. Player come back to 'One on and a Box behind.1 on and a box behind.
10. 1 on the puck carrier, 2 support low within a stick length the second attacker, 3 in front halfway to third attacker.
11. 4 mid slot and 5 puck side point.