T2-4 - BO-RG-FC - 3 F - Tomas - U18 F
Game like passing as you practice the forecheck and breakouts at the same time. Coach can focus on one aspect of the game or have a coach with the D, one with the F and one with the G. This could be the 'Magic Warm-up Drill.'
1. Players leave from inside the four blue lines.
2. Forwards dump the puck into their own end and forecheck the other defense.
3. Red F1-F2-F3 cross the red line and dump the puck in so the goalie must handle it.
4. Red D1-D2 go back for the puck.
5. White F1-F2-F3 forecheck; F1-F2 within a stick length and F3 mirror.
6. Add tasks like Red D1-D2-F1-F2-F3 breakout and everyone must touch the puck up ice.
7. Red F1-F2-F3 shoot the puck in and forecheck vs. White D1-D2.
8. White F4-F5-F6 follow the play into the zone and breakout with white D1-D2.
9. Continue this flow end to end.
* In this video example they are dumping in at one end and regrouping at the other because the goalies are working at one end. The description is for dumping in at each end.
Pro's demonstrating: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AukXg5gWoW-98EX8pPJZB2DQGBzk