C2 - Reijo 1-1, 2-2 – Pro
Attack with speed and fight to get on the offensive side of the defender and go to the net. Follow the shot for a rebound and play the loose puck if it is between the dots. Defend with a tight gap and stay between the attacker and goal. Box out the attacker after he shoots and fight for any rebound. If the defender gets the rebound skate the puck out of the zone.
1. Players line up along the boards in the neutral zone each colour on one side of red stripe.
2. Red 1 and White 1 leave from the front of the line, Red 1 has a puck.
3. Both players skate to the blue line and turn toward the middle.
4. Red 1 attack while White 1 skates forward to close the gap then defends skating backwards.
5. Red 2 now defend against White 2 in the other direction.
6. This can be done 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-2, 3-3.
7. Allow the previous group to play out any loose puck before attacking that end.