4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4474 times)  

This is the first video of the Jihlava HC Dukla hockey camp. On this video there is dryland hockey training, on ice practice, off ice conditioning and some pro footage plus a little video around the city.

http://hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20100807193217396

This is the link to the second video. It has on and off ice activities as well as a U20 practice that I planned with the coach who wanted to try transition games. The off ice is very good with their traditional methods. I did the first off ice of the day and we went over the skills we would work on the next two practices and had them do the second conditioning off ice which they are very good at.

http://hockeycoachingabcs.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20100808141220702

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Just watched this video for the second time - it is still appears that they took the on-ice far more seriously than the off-ice. Also, if you only watched the on-ice, you may never suspect how young these kids are. Are these boys part of a Tier I type program? There is one in particular - a right handed shot who scores in the 1 v 1 with 4 jokers. He has pretty good hockey sense and also has the hands of a much older player. It was fun to watch and good to know that kids are kids - no matter which part of the world they live in.

Chatty

Pops I think you will be very impressed with the off ice sessions in this video.

Petr Svoboda planned his U20 practice with me and tried transition games and some of my drills and shootout. I watched and met with him afterwards. He used to play for the Leafs.

The boy you mentioned is very skilled. The thing I noticed most about him is that he scored almost every time he shot in drills or games. He shoots to score not just to shoot and there is a big difference.

The kid's are just hockey school kid's. The difference there is that you play for a club and the coaches get paid by the club to coach or else are very well qualified and trained by the Czech Federation. The skills or skating, passing and puck handling are well developed for their age.

They do great drills and what drills teach are roles one: puck skills and role three: individual defensive skills. Drills don't work on role 2: puck support or role 4: defensive support away from the puck. You need games to work on these skills either full, sag or transition full or sag. You also need game situations to develop game sense and creativity. They brought me there to give them ideas how to teach those aspects of the game.

If you want to see great drills watch their upper level practices. Amazing flow. They also use a lot of controlled scrimmage to teach team play which is very important at the higher levels.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

I remember him, probably because he was referred to as the 'other Petr Svoboda'. Can't wait to see the video. I work late tomorrow and this will give me something to look forward to.

Chatty
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1