4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5784 times)  

Hi Tom,

Can you please help me out. I'm looking for some 1/2 ice warm up drills for the start of practice for the Pee Wee age.

Preferably drills where 5 or more players can be skating with the puck and shooting on the net or passing the puck to teammates. Skating drills without the puck is fine too.

I do one drill that I call the "W" skate, where there are 5 pylons in the shape of a "W" where the players start in the corner and work on various skills (ie: inside & outside edges, stops & starts, pivots, etc) around the pylons.

Thanks for your help and all the hard work you do with this website!

ABCoach, I like to do edges at least once a week, with and without a puck. They are coded A2 for full ice but you can do them half or cross ice. Most of the A drills can be done at one end. The B4 and B5 partner drills are good for half ice as are the B202 and B200. The D4, D400, D2, D200, DT 2 - 200, DT4 - 400 can all be played at one end. C drills can also be modified for one end.

The Swedish drills are great for skill development - SW at the end. I have attached a pdf. with the video links to their skill progression.

The T1 coded drills are really good for individual offensive skills. T3 individual defensive skills. T2 has half ice ideas for team offense, T4 team defense. T2-4 has a lot of one zone ideas for team play.

Here is a link to the coded PDF.s, diagrams and videos. You can take a look for things you like.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!FukXg5gWoW-9ck5tNjJaWHF4ZEt3JAw

Good luck. I hope this answer is helpful.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Thanks a lot Tom!

If anyone else would like to add their drills that they do for the first 10 to 20 minutes of practice would be great!

Thanks for sharing.

ABCoach, I will attach the practice plans for the last two nights of conditioning camp. Three groups of about 25 skaters and two goalies.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1