A200 - Puck Handling Circuit
Protect the puck with the body. Develop big moves all around the body and thru the legs to shield the puck. Learn to pivot and make quick turns and backward escapes.
Description:1. Zig-zag forward and backward with the puck.
2. Protect the puck skating #8's.
3. a. Skate along line and reach around pylons.
b. Skate around pylons keeping puck on the line.
4. Figure 8's around gloves to the front and sides.
5. Weave through pylons.
6. 1 on 1 game. Go around pylon to become the attacker.
7. Partners work inside the circle and protect the puck from each other for 10â€.
A3 Puck Handling Moves With a Shot
Do various moves with the puck and finish with a shot.
One group rotate clockwise and the other counter clockwise.
1. Do various skating moves with the puck.
2. Big moves all around the body, in the skates, through the legs etc.
* You can also add quick burst while protecting the puck thru pylons and finishing with a shot.
There are many video's on this site for puck handling. I think the most important routine is the Russian Big Moves Warm up. Do this on and off the ice, add moves you see top players do. If a player does this routine a lot before he/she reaches puberty they will be able to control the puck all around the body.