Josh Dixon works on puck handling skills with players at hockey school in the skills centre.
Stress good mechanics of rolling the wrists, controlling the stick with the top hand.
1. The coach demonstrates good technique and the players practice.
2. Use tennis balls, hockey balls, stickhandling balls, roller hockey pucks, racquet balls, etc.
3. Handle the ball all around the body,
4. Handle multiple balls and balls with different weight and bounce.
5. Juggle the balls up and down the stick.
6. Handle while standing on one foot.
7. Handle while on a balance board or ball.
8. Keepaway, small games, etc..