DT100 Continuous 2-2 With Tag-up – Pro
Defenders collapse low in the zone. Create 2 on 1's by attacking the widest defender on the 2-2 rush and use crosses, drops and picks. Add competition by keeping score and timing the game or play to a certain score like first team to 3 goals. Description:
1. Extra forwards and defense line up on the sides in the neutral zone.
2. Start with a 2 on 2 attack Blue F1 and F2 vs Red D1 and D2.
3. When the puck crosses red line red F1 and F2 tag up at far blue and backcheck.
4. Blue D1-D2 support rush from the point.
5. Play 4-4 at each end.
* Flow is 2-2 through the neutral zone, 2 F support D, 2 D support F when the puck crosses the red line.
* You can play this transition game from 1-1 to 3-2, i.e. 1-1 gives a 2-2 at each end, 3-2 gives a 5-5 at each end. You can also send out random numbers so the players have to recognize the situation.