DT400 - Regroup with Jokers Behind Defensive Net - CW
DT400 - Regroup with Jokers Behind Defensive Net
Practice regroups and breakout options. Jokers can pass right away or go D to D, switch, counter etc.
1. Place the nets on the opposite blue lines.
2. Play from 1-1 to 5-5.
3. Each team has 1 or 2 jokers behind their goal line.
4. Defensive team transitions to offense by passing to a joker.
5. Jokers can pass to each other, switch, drive the back of the net etc.
6. Play about 30" then switch with jokers playing, waiting players become jokers 5 and 6) and active players (1-2-3) rest.
Options: After the players learn the basic game add good habits like they must move with the puck, or saucer snap passes, pivots etc. (you don’t want them standing still while passing) They could even join the rush and then return on loss of possession.