T3 - B5 Defensive Slide on 2-1 – Pro
Slide outside of the post so you don’t score on yourself and take the goalie out. Time slide so that the attacker has no more options than the pass across. Don’t go down too early. Stick should be in the lane of the trailer pass.
1. Defenders start at the blue line skating backward.
2. Either two coaches or two players attack 2-1.
3. Start with a wide pass to an attacker.
4. Defend between the attacker and teammate on the puck carrier’s side.
5. Slide outside the post when the attacker gets to about the dot.
6. Skate out hard to the blue line.