C6 - 1-1 to 2-2, 2-1 to 3-3, 2-2 to 4-4 RB – Pro
Defenders communicate, attack with speed, O and D fight to control the slot.
1. D in one corner and F in the other corner at both ends.
2. Either F1 starts with a puck or D1 passes to F1 who skates into the middle circle before attacking 1-1 vs. D1.
3. On the whistle F2 attack D2 at the other end and D1 join the rush while F1 backchecks.
4. Keep attacking and defending until the whistle.
5. Add a forward to make it a 2-1 until the whistle when they join to create a 3-3.
6. Players must communicate who to cover on defense.
7. Attack with speed to beat the backchecker on the 2-1.
8. Play with good habits: stop at the net, D tie up sticks, create rebounds.
9. Keep Score to increase intensity.
10. You need at least 8 F and 4 D to do the 2-1.
11. Add another D making it a 2-2 rush and 4-4 at each end.
12. With 2-2 you need at least 8 F and 8 D.
13. You can also do this drill with all the player playing both F and D.
14. If you have 20 skaters you can do a 3-2 rush and 5-5 at each end.
15. This sequence can be done as a one puck transition game with either active or passive support.