T3-B6 - 1-1 Two Crossovers - Wally Kozak - U18 F
Defender maintain a vertical gap of one stick length and a horizontal gap lining up between the outside shoulder and the middle of the body. If beat wide the defender turn inside and race to the near post to cut off the attacker and don’t allow any goals on rebounds. Pivot to the outside by flaring back and skate forward with the belly button facing the attacker.
1. Attacker start on the goal line and defender on the face-off dot.
2. Defender is allowed a maximum of two cross-overs.
3. Defender protect the middle by keeping the attacker on the outside shoulder.
4. Defender maintain a gap of one stick length.
5. Add the attacker circles inside the first blue line and defender mirror.
6. Finish by allowing the attacker to either circle or go straight.
7. Defender deny a rebound by boxing out the attacker and control the stick after a shot.
* Advanced stage is allow no crossovers but start facing the side boards half turn and stride backwards.
* Progressions: Defender start at dot one crossover each way, then move to the bottom of the circle.
*Next start at the dot with no crossovers and progress to the bottom of the circle.