C2 - 1-1, 2-2 Loose Puck Battles - Wally Kozak - U18 F
Battle for loose pucks. Fire in a new puck as soon as the battle is over. Start with one end and then go both ends at once. Keep score. Stop the battles and ask what can be done better and give input to improve performance. Check closely and pressure the puck carriers hips. Can be played 1-1 to 5-5 with even or odd numbered teams depending on how many players are practicing.
1. Players line up on the red line.
2. Red one side and black the other side.
3. Battle for pucks with good angles, body position, protect the puck.
4. Coach shoot a puck in and a player from each colour race for the puck.
5. Start with 1-1.
6. Player that wins the battle must breakout over the blue line then turn back to attack.
7. Battle happens at both ends.
8. When the rush ends players return to the lineup and a new puck is shot in at either end.
9. Play 2 on 2.
10. 2-2 has all 4 game playing roles. 1-puck carrier, 2-offesive support, 3-closest checker, 4-defend away from the puck.
11. Start at one end to demonstrate and then go both ends at once.