T1-T3 - Battle to the Dot - U18 F
Puck carrier must protect the puck and use fakes and deceptive skating to get to the dot. Defender must use defensive skating skills keeping the toe caps facing the attacker, hands down and block the attacker.
1. Attacker carries a puck and defender has no stick with hands close to chest to block attacker.
2. Start at one circle to demonstrate and then use multiple circles with a coach at each one.
3. Go for 10-15” and switch competitors.
4. Goalies also participate.
5. Break the team into small groups and do the same drill in multiple circles.