Attack with speed and defend with tight gaps. Add regroups. Vary the number of attackers and defenders.
1. Attackers and defenders are in corners at each end.
2. F1 skate across the top of the circle and get a pass from D2 who follows.
3. D1 defend the 1-1 attack.
4. F2 leave from the other end when the original attack passes the top of the circle.
5. F2 get a pass from D3 and attack vs. D1and D3 follow the attack.
6. Two or three forwards can attack vs. one or two defenders.
7. Add F2 regroup with D3 in the neutral zone.
8. Another variation is regroup only if the coach blows a whistle.
9. Possible situations, 1-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-1, 3-2.