Battle for loose pucks, screen the goalie, shot passes, cycle, man on man, tie up sticks, tip, low zone play. Keep score and play from 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3 low in the zone.
1. Line up with the face-off dots and 1 to 3 players race for a loose puck the coach shoots in.
2. Pass to the point to transition to offense.
3. Point player must shoot or pass within 2 seconds and plays low on the next coach shoot in.
4. Play 30’ shifts and pass to the coach on the whistle.
5. If a point pass goes out the other point-man gets the puck.
*Players must race to get onside before the next puck is shot in.
*Players at the point can pass or shoot but they can’t go in.
*Keep score and add rules like goals must be on one touch shots, or give and go plays, etc..
*This is the favorite game for some of the pro players I have coached over the years.
*Coach can use this game to teach many things on both O and D. Here coach teaches attackers to support player at the point by being in a position to screen, one time or redirect a shot pass. Most offensive and defensive principles can be practiced with this game.