DT100 - 1-1 D Join Rush-F Backtrack - U18 F
Defense line up in the Nzone on one side and forwards on the other side. Defense join the attack and the forward must backtrack and communicate with his defenseman who to cover in the defensive zone. One puck, zero whistles. Game not a drill so regroup on dump outs. Coaches talk to players when they come back to line up. Keep score. Progression from drill of 1-1 and support at other end on whistle. Options are to play 2-1 or send out 1 or 2 F or other combinations.
1. Red F1 attack 1-1 vs. the Black D1.
2. Red D1 follow the play when puck crosses red line and support from the point.
3. Black F2 tag up at the far blue line and backtrack through the middle lane.
4. On turnover, frozen puck or goal Black D1 pass to Black F2 and join the rush.
5. Black F2 attack Red D1 and Red F1 backtrack to cover Black D1.
6. Black D2 follow and support the attack from the point.
7. Red F3 tag up and backtrack between the dots and cover Black D2 at the point.
8. Play 3-3 in the zone.
9. Breakout with Red F3 attacking Black D2.
10. Red D1 join the rush and Black F2 backtrack.
11. Continue this sequence.