Skate to get open. Give a target and absorb the pass. Skate to open ice with 3-5 hard strides when you get the puck. Fake passes and escape move create time and space to make plays. Make only forehand passes. Add other passing or skating rules to work on skill and good habits.
1. Players line up in two groups behind the blue line.
2. Three players from each team race for the puck the coach passes in.
3. Fourth player is a Joker.
4. To go onto offense you must pass to the Joker.
5. Five passes equals one point.
6. Play 30”.
7. Pass to your team when the whistle blows for the next 3.