C6 - 1-1 x 2 Gap Control - Pro
Attack with speed and fight to get the shoulder in front of the defender. Defender get up ice quickly to close the gap and defend from the net side. Attacker use the defender for a screen and move the puck sideways to get a shot through. Defender box out the attacker and control his stick after the shot. All players should take reps at attacking and defending.
1. All the players start from diagonal corners.
2. F1 and D1 x 2 leave.
3. F1 skate to the far face-off dot with the puck and turn back.
4. D1 skate to the top of the circle then backward to the circle bottom then up ice.
5. F1 attack vs. D1 on both sides.
6. F1 and D1 have the option of either turning to the inside or outside.
* Improve the drill by passing to the last attacker or the defender carry the puck past the top of the circle.
* Engage the players more by eliminating whistles and allow them to see the play is over and start the next rep.