D100 Two Second Game - College
Great game for quick and close puck support and facing the play with the puck. Players must switch right away from offense to defense to loose puck and constantly change roles from, 1-puck carrier, 2-puck support, 3-check puck carrier, 4-cover away from the puck.
1. Play a full ice game of 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, 5-4, 5-5, 6-5 with the extra players on the bench.
2. Play 40-45" shifts and pass back to your goalie when the coach whistles for a change or players change on their own.
3. Players can only have the puck for 2" and must make a play, gain a zone or shoot.
4. Possession from first touching the puck for over 2" leave the puck for the other team.
5. Encourage talking, facing the puck, always give a target, skate into passes and get open.
6. Scoring team must skate back to the red line before forechecking.
* Don't blow the whistle if they have started shooting. Start time when the goalie gets puck. Keep score and losing or winning have a consequence.
* An option is to pass back to your goalie on the whistle.
* Another option is to give another 2" with the puck if the player makes an escape move.