3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3869 times)  

I think a lot of the European teams are starting in August. I spoke with Juuso yesterday and his grandson plays for IFK and they are on an island doing a 4 day intensive training camp. Lots of hockey schools and pre season camps are happening in NA.

It seems like Dean and I have been the only ones writing anything in the forum during the off season.

Now that the season is starting up I invite coaches from around the hockey world to pitch in and share what they are doing with their teams. I think it would help everyone to read different perspectives on coaching.

Another thought is maybe someone like Kai could film a coaches meeting and we could hear the views of some Finnish coaches on how they prepare their teams to play and some of the on or off ice activities they do. How about Sweden, England, Australia, Korea, Turkey. Everywhere they play this great game. There are good players and good coaches with great ideas everywhere.

All coaches are invited to put something together. If not posted here they can post on something like youtube of Facebook or their skydrive and put the line in a posting.

The idea behind this site is to collaborate and let each other know what works for them. I love to hear about different ways to teach the same thing. We all have things that work for us and could help others.

We all need to "SEE OLD THINGS THROUGH NEW EYES."
SO
LETS SHARE IDEAS

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Tom,

I would love to hear other coaches talking hockey... in English!!! (Kai... no Finnish!) I want to go to Finland one spring or summer to meet with Jusso and Kai and others...

I know there are some American coaches contributing too... maybe we can hear from them? Even if it is simply more postings on these threads! (Tom, we should invite Kevin Sullivan to see if he wants to post on here.)

It would be neat if we could arrange a coaching meeting between some of the guys who frequent this site... do a retreat for a weekend in Canmore or something?

I will keep adding my 2 cents worth until I leave for holidays Aug 20 - Sept 1. Once the season starts, I get even busier - as I presume is similar for most coaches.

Dean
M.Ed (Coaching)
Ch.P.C. (Chartered Professional Coach)
Game Intelligence Training

"Great education depends on great teaching."

I Don't know if I can get anyone to speak english but at least I'll promise to take notes from meetings and share them here.

Maybe I'll see you here at the IIHF symposium at next spring.

Kai

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1