3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3728 times)  

I played today and there are a lot of ex American League, old WHA etc. players who were very good in their day. There is one player who is an exceptional skater and instructs skating. He was on the other team today and we were commenting on how he was even faster and smoother than usual.

We always have a little social after the game and he was showing the new blades on his skates and the idea is so simple and logical but it is a great adaptation for the size of people today.

Anyway the inventor wants 400 G's for the patent. I wish I had the cash and I could be on Easy Street.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Tom, can you share the inventor's last name or the patent number? Patents are publicly available, and I'd like to see the technology behind the blade.

Junior

If you go to the homepage and down to the Stickfix address you can contact Cliff Hendrickson. Doug who wore the blades said that Cliff is the one who knows all the details.
The blade is wider and also sharpened flat with the edge spayed on the outside. This gives a better base and more area for the ice to melt under the blade and the edges don't sink into the ice. but are there when you need them to stop or turn.
Apparently Mason Raymond has been trying them and thinks they help him turn quicker.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1