4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4393 times)  

Hey Guys,

I'm back again. This time to pick your brains for some good Small Area Games that would benefit my older sons power play. I'm an assistant coach on this team and am running a couple practices.

We have a set powerplay positionally but the puck movement is free form. We would like to see our players be more creative in their puck movement and skating to break down the opposing penalty kill.

I am running a 3 on 3 cross ice with 1 offensive zone only player per team. I also am running a hybrid 4 on 3 SAG where the nets are on the blue lines in the neutral zone but the breakouts forechecks occur full ice. Teams transition to from PK to PP by passing to a teammate behind their goalline.

Any other ideas would be great! Thanks!

Tony - Here are some games that I like that mimic power play situations in the OZ. Hope this helps - Dave

Tony I was looking for games for the pp and found this pdf I did after I worked with a club in the Czech Republic. It is a list of the drills and games we did. Many can be adapted for the pplay.

The specialty team scrimmage is good when you have less than 4 lines like most minor hockey teams do. I have 3 sets of 5 but it would work with 13-14 skaters.

'The Game is the Greatest Coach'
'Enjoy the Game'

Admin

Thanks Coaches!

I will let you know how they work.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1