2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3270 times)  

what drill do you use for the pre- game 2.5 min warm up??
to effectively warm up two goalies

thanks

caffeinated
By: Likes:

At the college level we get 15 minutes then an ice cut.
So for 2.5 minutes that’s not much time. What age level?
For Pee and below Id do………
For me with that limited time its about the goalies. I wouldn’t recommend a half circle all shooting on goalie because it’s a lot to organize and lots of standing around.
For me I would have 2-3 players shoot on goal in the slot area. The key to warm ups is warming up the goalies ha. Players think it’s for them, it’s not, it’s for the goalies. So whoever is shooting needs to hit the pads or let goalie make saves. No roof jobs where they miss the net. Could have each player with 2-5 pucks. Can shoot all at once then the next shoots. Or one at a time and go down the line. If you have 3 shooters I would have each guy with 5 pucks. But they shoot one at a time. 1 guys shoots, then the guy next to him shoots, then the guy next to him, then repeat till all 5 pucks are used. Then switch goalies. If you have 3 shooters that’s 15 shots.
Another example...which you cant do because not enough time....is when people do 2 on 1 in warm up. The defenseman should always let the pass go, let them make pass and get shot. For the D it’s about just being in position to get the pass if it was in the game.

So we have 2-3 players stationary shooting on the goalies. Lets them stop puck or hitting them in pads so they get a feel.
The rest of team Id do a passing exercise. Can start stationary about 15-20 feet apart. Then they skate forward and backward while passing to each other (board to board).
You’d have to explain this before hand and maybe even dedicate 5 minutes during practice to do a run through

Chatty
2 posts :: Page 1 of 1