D200 - 1 on 1 - Puck Handling Game - Youth
I just got back from my hockey skills class.
Today we had 6 beginner level players and 6 more advanced level. Half in Red and half in green. We did a lot of puck handling and skating agility and then they played this puck handling game.
- 2 small nets across ice from each other just inside the outside of each circle.
- 1 player on and the other two at the blue line.
- start with NHL touch face-off.
- if you get scored on you get the puck out of the net and pass to a team mate on the side who attacks 1-1 vs. the player who scored, who must skate to his half of the ice before defending.
- If you score vs. everyone then rotate by passing to the side.
- To score you must get at least to the face-off dot and the net is just inside the circle (no chicken shots from far out-you have to dangle to score)
Options we did.
- players on the side are jokers and you can pass to them.
- 2-2 with the same rules.
It was nothing short than a GREAT puck handling exercise. I saw them pulling moves in the games that I have recently showed them.